Here are the Highlights from the Weekly School Messenger Call for the Week of December 5th!
We hope that everyone had a good week and that you are ready to show your holiday spirit during the Most Wonderful Week of the Year!
The Most Wonderful Week of the Year
This week will have dress up days and activities. You can purchase your all-inclusive wristband on Rycor/Student Pay for $10 to make sure that you can deck the halls of JWMHS all week! You can pick up your wristband in the front office with Mrs. Van de Boe!
- On Monday, welcome to Santa’s Workshop where we will kick off the week with the Winter Pep Rally! Dress Up: Seniors – Santa, Juniors – Reindeer, Sophomores – Snowmen, and Freshmen – Elves
- On Tuesday, come aboard the Pajama Express and join our Reindeer Games! Dress Up: Holiday Pajamas
- On Wednesday is an Early Release Day but we are going to find the Elf on the Shelf in our crazy holiday hats and socks! Dress Up: Crazy Holiday Hats and Socks
- On Thursday participate in the Nightmare Before Second Semester’s Ugly Sweater Contest and sing along at the Lip Sync! Dress Up: Ugly Sweater
- And on Friday, say Happy Holidays to everyone and wear holiday colors as your RANCH class squares off in the Brain Brawl! We will have Bahama Bucks for those who have a wristband and for sale for those who do not. Dress Up: Holiday Colors
In December, we are collecting for our traditional “Baby It’s Cold Outside” baby clothes and baby items drive. Please being these items to your RANCH classes. This will benefit local families during the holiday season!
If you want to hear our amazing Band, they will be holding PRISM at 7PM on Friday, December 10th and Saturday, December 11th at the River Ridge High School Performing Arts Center!
Good luck to all of our Winter Sports this week! Play with integrity and good sportsmanship!
We are very proud of our fall sports teams and are grateful to the dedicated coaches that lead our student athletes! Congratulations to the following Mustang Coaches who were named Coach of the Year:
Lea Weber – Girls Volleyball
Kelly Erickson – Boys Swimming & Diving
Alan Parmenter – Girls Cross Country
Jeff Leavey – Boys Golf
Andy Schmitz – Football
In January, our bell schedule will change. We will begin our day at 8:35AM and end the day at 3:02PM. We are hopeful that this will assist with the late busses. Please make sure that you set your schedules accordingly.
Information for the Senior Class of 2022
- Seniors! Please make sure that you go on our website and complete the form to order your cap and gown and diploma! (https://jwmhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=75615.) If you have not done this, you would have received an email from Mr. Quina with the information to do so or simply go to our website!
- The Senior Graduation Fee is $100 and can be paid on Rycor/Student Pay. This graduation fee is due on May 25th.
- On December 13th during 2nd period, there will be a Senior Meeting. Please make sure that you are in attendance for this important meeting.
- Seniors who have not yet had Senior Portraits taken must do so by THIS SATURDAY, December 11th. Spots are filling up, so go to GiganteProductions.com today to make your appointment. There will be one day for on-campus portraits, December 9th, by appointment only.
- Seniors who wish to purchase a Senior Dedication in the 2022 yearbook must pay on Rycor/Student Pay by THIS FRIDAY, December 10th. Once you buy your ad, an editor will contact you with more Information about your dedication. Thank you!.
In the spirit of the holiday season, we would truly appreciate any support that you can provide to JWMHS. No amount is too small or too big for our organizations. Here are some links to donate on Tuesday. We thank you for your support!
JWMHS Donations – Create an account or use your Pasco account and then scroll down to find the 21-22 JWMHS donation buttons. Organizations such as Band, Orchestra, Scholarships, Athletics, Student & Faculty Incentives, and many more are available.
Baseball Stadium Safety Fundraiser – This fundraiser will go to replacing the backstop fencing so that it is safe for fans when there are foul balls, as well as removing roots that have grown onto the field and replacing it with a warning track. It will also assist with upgrading the facility.
Wrestling Fundraiser – This fundraiser will help our Mustang Wrestling team meet its goal to pay for uniforms and other facility upgrades.
Mustang Legacy Bricks – Celebrate the traditions and legacy of JWMHS buy purchasing a piece of history. All funds for purchasing a Mustang Legacy Brick will be used for campus improvements, classroom activities, and other school priorities. And, your name will be a permanent part of our campus!
Again, thank you for your support of JWMHS and our students, faculty, and organizations.
As a reminder, all tickets for sporting events must be purchased via GoFan (https://gofan.co/search and we will not accept paper tickets or screenshots. The ticket must be on your mobile device.
If you have an eSchool placeholder, on campus or off campus, please continue to work on your classes as they need to be completed by the end of the first semester which will end in the next two weeks.
Parking on campus is a privilege and you must have a hangtag and spot to park on campus. Applying for a spot does not guarantee parking. In fact, there is a currently a waiting list for those who want to park. If you have not applied, you will not be on the waiting list if a spot opens. Please follow our rules.
Please make sure that you can pass the Covid-19 screener (Student Covid-19 Screener) each morning that is found on our website. If you cannot, please stay home. If you are positive for Covid-19 or have been exposed to someone who is positive for Covid-19, please stay home and contact your administrator so that we can help you with your school work.
For this week, please read our JWMHS Electronic Newsletter, Around the RANCH. You can find it here: https://www.smore.com/92y7k
As we wind up the first semester, I hope that we can find a way each day to show kindness. Kindness can change everything. Let’s make the last few weeks a happy and joyous time in Mustang Nation.
I am very proud of the things going on in Mustang Nation! Let’s make more excellence this week!