Here are the highlights from the FINAL Weekly School Messenger Call of the 2021-22 School Year and for the Week of May 22nd.
We want to thank you for a great school year and look forward to what next year will bring!
Not too much longer until school is out for the year. Only 3 more wakeups as we are in session until May 25th.
As we close the year, we want to remind students that we are still holding classes and expecting each of you to behave appropriately. Please do not do something foolish that would cause you to be disciplined from school, or, if you are a Senior, not allow you to walk at graduation. Come to school, do your work, take your finals, and behave.
BACKPACKS & LARGE BAGS
Beginning on May 23rd, students will not be allowed to bring backpacks, duffels, bags, and large purses. Students will be allowed to carry drawstring bags, clear backpacks, and small purses.
TESTING & THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
School is in session until May 25th and students should plan on being there through May 25th as we do have testing through the 25th. Parents, please assist us in this by not scheduling trips and appointments until after May 25th.
If you have an eSchool placeholder, on campus or off campus, you need to work on those classes as they need to be completed by the end of the school year.
Congratulations to Back to Back Regional Champions Mustang Softball and best wishes to as they move on in the State Final Four this Friday in Clermont.
Mustang Cheer tryouts will be held on May 25th and 26th. Please contact Coach Mitchell for more information!
If you want to play sports at JWMHS next year, the 2022-2023 Athletic Clearance electronic site is opening. If you already have an account, you don’t need to create another one. Just sign in and transfer your information over. You can sign up for all sports you intent to play at one time. As a reminder, all student athletes must be cleared to try out for a sport. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org), our Athletic Director.
MUSTANG FINE ARTS
Auditions for the Chamber Choir for next year will be held after school on May 24th and 25th. Please stop by Room 528 to get an audition packet to prepare for the audition.
SENIOR Class of 2022
Senior Information and Reminders can be found here: https://jwmhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/class-of-2022-senior-reminders/
- Congratulations to all Seniors who will be recognized at the Scholarship Night this Tuesday! Please dress in professional best.
- Senior families should have received a letter regarding the graduation ceremony to be held on June 11th at 6PM. Please make sure that you read it as there is a lot of important information in this letter, including dates and deadlines that we have reviewed previously.
- Senior Graduation Practice is on May 23rd and May 25th. This is MANDATORY if you intend on participating in graduation on June 11th. Please do not schedule trips, appointments, or work during school hours as school is in session until May 25th and you must be present to walk. Please be on time as we will start at 835AM tomorrow in the gymnasium.
- Senior Breakfast will be held on May 24th at 9AM at Spartan Manor for senior students only. This event has a dress code and students must wear their professional best. We will not allow you to enter if you have jeans, shorts, tshirts, or any clothing that is not professional. If you have a question, please ask Mr. Quina or Mrs. Schultz.
- The Senior Graduation Fee is $100 and can be paid on Rycor/Student Pay. This graduation fee is due on May 25th.
- Seniors will receive their caps and gowns on May 25th. Students must be present and successfully completed Senior Checkout, including pay all debts, in order to receive their caps and gowns. Honor, Academic, and Service organizations have been giving out authorized senior cords an stoles. As a reminder, students CANNOT decorate their caps and no other stole or cord (graduation regalia) will be allowed to be worn during the ceremony. If you are purchasing them and they are not part of the approved list, do not bring them to the graduation ceremony.
AROUND OUR CAMPUS
Fencing is still being put up at JWMHS. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than we had hoped. Please be mindful of this as you walk around campus.
Parking on campus is a privilege and you must have a hangtag and spot to park on campus. Applying for a spot does not guarantee parking. In fact, there is a currently a waiting list for those who want to park. We know that many of you received cars during the last part of the year, but you must have a hangtag to park on campus. This means you must apply to park. If you have not applied, you will not be on the waiting list if a spot opens. Please follow our rules.
We know that the recent announcement regarding bus rides next year is concerning. Please know that we will work with our District Office and each of our families as we work through this. JWMHS does not make this decision, but it is based on the budget Pasco County receives from the State of Florida and staffing issues with the Transportation Department. This is not a decision that was made in haste, but one that will assist with the challenges we are facing financially.
COVID-19 & ILLNESSES
Please make sure that you can pass the Covid-19 screener (Student Covid-19 Screener) each morning that is found on our website. If you cannot, please stay home. If you are positive for Covid-19 or have been exposed to someone who is positive for Covid-19, please stay home and contact your administrator so that we can help you with your school work.
AROUND THE RANCH NEWSLETTER
We will not have an Around the Ranch newsletter this week!
Let’s make more excellence this week in Mustang Nation!
Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day as we honor those who have sacrificed for our great country.
On behalf of the Faculty, Staff, and Administration of JWMHS, we want to congratulate the Class of 2022. And, to all of you, we hope that you all have a fun and safe summer! See you next year!
We hope you have a great evening! Thank you for reading!
~ Ms. Schultz
GIVING TO JWMHS
We would truly appreciate any support that you can provide to JWMHS. No amount is too small or too big for our organizations. We are also selling banners that will hang throughout campus. If you are interested in purchasing a banner, please call (727) 774-9202 and we can assist you. And, here are some links to donate on Tuesday. We thank you for your support!
JWMHS Donations – Create an account or use your Pasco account and then scroll down to find the 21-22 JWMHS donation buttons. Organizations such as Band, Orchestra, Scholarships, Athletics, Student & Faculty Incentives, and many more are available.
Mustang Legacy Bricks – Celebrate the traditions and legacy of JWMHS by purchasing a piece of history. All funds for purchasing a Mustang Legacy Brick will be used for campus improvements, classroom activities, and other school priorities. And, your name will be a permanent part of our campus!
Again, thank you for your support of JWMHS and our students, faculty, and organizations. Go Mustangs!