Class of 2022 Graduation Parent Letter
- Senior families should have received a letter regarding the graduation ceremony to be held on June 11th at 6PM. Please make sure that you read it as there is a lot of important information in this letter, including dates and deadlines that we have reviewed previously. Download it here: 2022 Graduation Parent Letter
Class of 2022 Final Transcript Request
- Seniors can request final transcripts that will be available at June 15th.
- Transcripts are FREE for the Class of 2022 until August 1st.
- Click on this link in order to Request Class of 2022 Final Transcripts HERE
Graduation Ceremony Parking
- Pay for parking at USF by clicking here: Pay for Parking at the Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony HERE
- Once on the website find PASCO HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION CEREMONY EVENING on June 11th at 6PM
- Parking is $8
- Traffic to and Parking at the University of South Florida Sun Dome: Please be advised that the time of arrival for the graduation ceremony for students (5:00PM) will coincide with early afternoon/evening traffic that is very heavy based on the location of the University of South Florida Sun Dome. Please plan appropriately when leaving your homes and give yourself more than enough time to arrive without incident. Once students and staff have left for the beginning of the ceremony, the students will not be permitted to enter into the seating area for graduates. This is University of South Florida Sun Dome’s security policy and will be strictly enforced. There are parking areas throughout the areas around the University of South Florida Sun Dome. Disabled parking is located at Gate A and Gate D, Parking Lot Area 22F.
Graduation Ceremony Livestream
- Click here to watch the Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony:
Graduation Ceremony Information
- The graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 11th at 6:00PM. It will begin promptly at 6:00PM. Seniors are to report at 5:00PM to the University of South Florida Sun Dome in Tampa in order to line up for the ceremony. Please follow the signs upon entering the University of South Florida Sun Dome, as they will direct students and guests to the areas in which they should go. Students should enter at the Corral, which is to the left of Gate A.
- Dress Code for Graduates: Dress pants and dress shirt with tie, a dress or skirt and blouse or pantsuit are recommended outfits. If wearing pants, wear matching/dark socks with dress shoes. No sneakers, sandals, flip flops, etc. are allowed. We recommend that students not wear high heels, as there will be a lot of walking and stair climbing. No visible “bulky” jewelry, scarves, ribbons, etc. are permitted.
- Personal Items: Leave purses, cameras, and personal items with a parent or friend in the audience; they may not be taken in during the processional. Flowers or corsages are NOT permitted.
- Graduation Gowns: We have ordered all caps and gowns for students. Please do not order a second cap and gown from Herff Jones. Please carry your cap and gown into the University of South Florida Sun Dome. We will not have extra gowns on hand. Make sure that you bring yours to the ceremony. Gowns are to look like they did when received from the company. Nothing extra may be added to them.
- Graduation Cap: The mortarboard (graduation cap) is to be worn flat with the tassel over the right eye. Once the seniors are declared graduates, the tassel is moved to the left side in unison with the class. Mortarboards are to look like they did when received from the company. Nothing extra may be added to them. We will not have extra caps or tassels on hand. Make sure that you bring yours to the ceremony.
- Graduation Regalia (Cords & Stoles): Cords and stoles that are approved are the only cords and stoles that should be worn. Cords and stoles that are approved include: academic honor cords, service clubs, and honor societies.
- Failure to comply with the dress policy may result in the student not being permitted to participate in the ceremony. Security will do a visual search and wand of all of the graduates and any guests to the University of South Florida Sun Dome.
- Graduation is a momentous occasion not only for the seniors, but also for their parents, families, and friends. For that reason, the ceremony is to be held with dignity and courtesy to others. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for the occasion, which includes walking across the stage. All participants must comply with the Pasco County Student Code of Conduct. Inappropriate behavior will result in both students and parents/guardians having to meet with the school administration prior to receiving a diploma.
- Improper noises and distractions will not be permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, noisemakers such as bullhorns, air horns, whistles, cowbells, and firecrackers, etc. Do NOT bring in beach balls, silly string, or any item that would be deemed inappropriate. We ask that you request family and friends to remain seated throughout the ceremony, except when it is appropriate to stand (during the Pledge of Allegiance, for example), as a courtesy to other graduates and their families and friends. No one, other than graduates and designated guests, is permitted in the seating area for graduates.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not receive his/her diploma and/or will be turned over to appropriate law enforcement officials. As this is a School District of Pasco County event, alcohol will not be permitted inside of any of the areas in the University of South Florida Sun Dome dedicated to the graduation ceremony.
Seating & Tickets (including Handicapped Seating)
- Seating is unlimited in the University of South Florida Sun Dome. Tickets will not be necessary as a result. No one, other than graduates and designated guests, is permitted on the floor partitioned off on the University of South Florida Sun Dome.
- Floor seating is only permitted for invited dignitaries, graduating seniors, band members, faculty and staff, and other invited guests. All of these people will have tickets in order to go to the floor and will be listed on pre-approved lists provided to the University of South Florida Sun Dome. No one else is permitted on the floor of the University of South Florida Sun Dome.
- Those who need handicapped seating would be advised to enter in at Gate A, where there are elevators available. There is handicapped seating available throughout the Sun Dome. There is also reserved seating for the hearing impaired. Upon entering the Sun Dome, all people in attendance will be searched by security per Sun Dome policy.
- Gigante Productions (813-907-1078) will photograph each senior individually upon receiving his/her diploma and congratulations from the principal, as well as with their diplomas. Purchase of these photographs is optional. Gigante Productions will notify seniors via mail when the pictures are ready and all questions regarding these pictures should go to Gigante Productions. Please make sure that your address is correct with J.W. Mitchell High School, as that is the address that we will provide to Gigante Productions. J.W. Mitchell High School does not receive any of these pictures or information following graduation.
- Diplomas will be distributed by alphabet in the same way that students lined up behind the seating for guests. Students who have officially checked out will be able to receive their diplomas and participate in graduation. Only students meeting the behavioral requirements at graduation will receive a diploma.
- After receiving your diploma, please exit the University of South Florida Sun Dome. We recommend having a pre-arranged meeting place set with your family.
Buy a Brick, Leave a Legacy!
A great way to honor your graduate and time at JWMHS is to memorialize it on a Mustang Legacy Brick! Click below for more information on how to purchase a Mustang Legacy Brick!