Please complete this application only if you are a licensed driver and have completed the Safe Behind the Wheel class. You will not receive a parking tag unless all information is complete and accurate and you’ve been approved by administration. After you receive an email confirmation approving your application, you must pay the $40 parking fee through your student fee account (Rycor). Payments will be accepted beginning August 1st. Seniors who want to paint their spot must fill out additional information and pay an additional $50 to paint ($90 total). Completing an application or paying the parking fee does NOT guarantee that the school will issue a parking pass/spot. Because there are a limited amount of spots, priority will be given to students by grade level, starting with seniors.
After the first round of parking tag sales at the beginning of the year, if there are spots available and remaining, student applying will go on a waitlist that will be filled based on seniority and availability. If you do not have a parking tag, whether you are on the waiting list or not, you cannot park on the JWMHS campus.
Please read the JWMHS Parking Procedures at the bottom of this page prior to completing the application below.
Submission of an application verifies that you have read, understand and will comply with the JWMHS Parking Procedures.
JWMHS Parking Procedures
Parking at school is a privilege and all vehicles must be properly registered. Please review all Parking Procedures with your parent/guardian. These policies will be enforced with severe consequences for misbehavior. Students must have their parking tags displayed by the assigned day of the school year. This will be announced on the first day of school.
• Student parking is permitted only in designated areas and in the spot assigned to the particular student. An open parking spot is not available just because there is not a car parked there.
• Loitering in the parking lot is not permitted before, during, or after school.
• The parking lot is considered an “unauthorized area” during the school day. Students should not be in the parking lot for any reason, as cars are not to be used as lockers. If a student is found in the parking lot, his/her parking tag will be revoked for a time to be determined by the administration of the school. Students are only allowed to return to their cars when leaving school at the end of the day or signing out in the clinic.
• After entering the parking area, all students must leave their cars immediately, report to their designated area, and remain on campus.
• If a student leaves campus without being signed out by a parent, and also signing out through the main office, his/her parking tag will be revoked for a time to be determined by the administration of the school.
• At the end of the school day, students that do not have an after school activity must be in their vehicles and leaving campus no later than ten minutes after the final bell rings.
Students must be in compliance with the following qualifications in order to be eligible to park at school:
• Have a valid operator driver’s license and proper insurance.
• Based on limited space, the school may utilize other qualifiers to assign parking (i.e. grade level, GPA, credits, discipline referrals).
• Pay the $40 parking fee. ($90 total for seniors with painted spots)
• Completion of the Pasco Sheriff’s Safe Behind the Wheel course.
Parking Tag Regulations
• Once issued, the parking tag CANNOT be altered.
• Tags are not transferable (given or sold to) to another student for any reason. If you withdraw from JWMHS or switch to a full online schedule, your parking pass must be turned in to the front office as it will be reassigned to another student on the waiting list.
• Tags must be properly displayed on the rear view mirror of the car.
• If you change vehicles, you must provide a copy of the registration and proof of insurance immediately to the main office.
A student’s parking privilege may be suspended or revoked for the following reasons:
• Being in any parking area or in a car during the school day without proper authorization by administration.
• Transferring or receiving an illegally transferred parking tag.
• Parking in areas other than student parking areas.
• Exceeding the 5 MPH speed limit in any parking area. Driving recklessly and/or speeding on and around the school campus.
• Skipping, tardiness, loss of privileges, or multiple discipline infractions.
• Off Track status (academics, attendance, or behavior)
• Displaying words, graphics, or designs on your vehicle that are in poor taste.
• Leaving campus without permission (must be obtained by the school).
• Playing loud music or other disruptive noises on campus.
• If a student’s parking privilege has been revoked or denied, under no circumstances will that student be granted a temporary parking permit.
• To ensure the safety and protection of the student population, Florida Law provides for the search of any vehicle on campus by the school administration and/or designee upon reasonable suspicion that a violation of a school rule is occurring.
• Students who are enrolled at JWMHS via School Choice are NOT guaranteed a parking tag/spot.
• The administration of the school reserves the right to make any adjustments it deems necessary to enforce student-parking regulations.