Here are the highlights from the Weekly School Messenger call for the Week of October 20th!
Reports cards will be available this week in myStudent! We want to remind you that the semester grade given at the end of the first semester which includes both 1stand 2ndquarter is what is used to calculate your GPA. As a result, if you are not satisfied with your grades there is still time to improve! We suggest the following ways to improve your grades and learning:
- Ask questions during class, especially if you don’t understand.
- Attend academic lunch.
- Attend small group tutoring with your teacher before or after school (schedule this with him or her in advance).
- Put a study group together of students in your classes.
- Do your homework.
- Study each night for at least 10 minutes per class the content that you worked on in class that day.
- Email your teacher.
- Find out what work you are missing and work with your teacher.
- Find out what remediation and grade improvement options your teacher has for you, especially on tests and quizzes.
- Schedule a parent/teacher/student conference in person or on the phone.
- Finally, do not give up! Struggling is ok as long as you continue to do something about what you have to work on.
If you have not completed the Gallup, you need to log onto myLearning and do so! We will be calling students down to complete this brief survey.
If you have not purchased a yearbook, you can do so online or in room 517. This is a great holiday present and the prices will continue to increase throughout the year.
Congratulations to Nick Gabrelcik who has been named the Florida State Golf Association’s Player of the Year 2019! We are very proud of you!
This Friday night is Senior Night and Middle School Band Night. It is going to be a very large crowd! We are selling tickets on Friday during lunches. Buy your tickets early and avoid the lines!
We have started Socktober and will collect socks for different local charities. Socks are being collected in RANCH classes! We will need socks for all ages, including babies, children, teenagers, and adults. Please consider donating to this worthy cause for those less fortunate.
Seniors, if you have not entered your cap and gown information, as well as how you want your name to be written on your diploma, please go to the link on our website to do this! Remember that Senior Fees are $100 and can be paid online via Rycor.
Students, please remember that #MustangsRiseAbove and make good choices about alcohol, drugs, and vaping, especially during Homecoming Week! THINK before you POST. Remember that what has been posted cannot be unposted. Also, just be nice. It really is that simple.
Thank you for listening and go Mustangs!