Beginning with football games on Friday, September 14th, Pasco County Schools implemented new safety procedures in place for all sporting events. To view this information on the Pasco County Schools Website, click here.
To explain this in its most basic format, we will be implementing the same procedures and policies that you would experience at a game at Raymond James or any college football game.
We understand that for high school games, these procedures are new. We ask for you to be patient as we implement them for the first time. Following the procedures will assist us in making this experience as quick and painless as possible.
Below is further clarification on the expectations all students, parents, guardians, and other adults or patrons will be expected to follow:
BAGS & SEARCHES
Only clear plastic, clear vinyl, or clear Ziploc bags are permitted. Backpacks, fanny packs, purses, and duffle bags are prohibited. Student athletes are permitted to bring bags. These bags are subject to search. An exception will be made for medically necessary items, diaper bags (there must be a child of age for a diaper bag), and properly credentialed school and professional photographers’ camera bags. These bags will be subject to search prior to entry, unless the item meets the clear bag guidelines. Clear bags with items of concern may be searched. There will be separate lines for patrons with and without bags. Bag search areas will be located so as not to impede crowd movement into venues. Bag rules will be posted in multiple locations at each school, and on school websites and social media. All bags are subject to search.
- Weapons of any kind
- Any item that could be used as a missile
- Aerosol or spray bottles (including sunscreen)
- Recreational Balls
- Illegal Drugs
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Pets (exceptions can be made for service animals)
- Sticks/Poles/Camera “Selfie” Sticks/Extenders or Gimbals
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems & Radio Controlled Model Aircraft/Drones
- (strictly prohibited on stadium property including parking lots, stadium exterior and inside the stadium)
- Food and Drinks not purchased at the venue (this applies to students AND adults)
- Ponchos if worn, carried over the arm, or in original sealed clear package
- Blankets and/or towels if unrolled or unfolded
- Small, handheld radios or TVs with earphones
- Binoculars worn around the neck or carried (not in a case)
- Cameras with carry strap (not carried in a case)
- Sunscreen lotion (no aerosol or spray bottles)
- Banners and/or flags
- Laptops/tablets (not in a case)
- Seat cushions
Patron Code of Conduct
Students are expected to abide by the Pasco County Schools Student Code of Conduct. Adult fans are expected to abide by rules for civility, and are prohibited from unruly, disruptive, or illegal behavior listed on the Patron Code of Conduct signs that will be posted in multiple locations at each school, and on school websites and social media. Pasco County Schools is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lots. We want all fans attending our events to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or drug impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
- Failing to follow instructions of school officials
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.
Admission & Exit
- No reentry if a patron leaves the game at ANY point.
- No entry/ticket sales after the fourth quarter kick-off (football games).
- No entry/ticket sales after the beginning of the fourth quarter (basketball games).
- For volleyball, tickets will be sold throughout the entire contest.
- For sports not listed, further clarification will be posted when the particular season begins.
- Individuals without items requiring a search will be allowed to bypass the bag search area.
Parking lots will be cleared immediately after games, and no loitering or after parties will be allowed. Students need to be picked up no later than 30 minutes after the end of a contest.
Consent and Right to Refuse Bag Search
Bag searches of ticket holders are voluntary, however, failure to allow a bag search will result in denial of entry. A ticket holder will be permitted to return unapproved bags or items to their vehicle prior to making entry.