This is the dress code that we will follow at ALL JWMHS dances including Homecoming, Prom, and the Winter Ball. Please review this completely PRIOR to purchasing your outfit. If you have questions, please email your administrator.
Dress Code for Young Men: Dress pants, dress shirt and dress shoes. A tie and jacket is strongly recommended. All pants must be securely worn around the waist. No “polo” style shirts will be allowed. Athletics shoes/sneakers (i.e. Nikes, Adidas, etc.) or workboots will not be permitted. The principal’s/designee’s decision is FINAL.
Dress Code for Young Women: Must wear a dress, pant suit or gown that is in good taste. The outfit may not be made of see-through material. Strapless dresses are allowed; however, no open styles, which show the entire back or stomach areas, are permitted. The back must completely be covered no lower than three inches above a young lady’s waistline. Two-piece dresses will be allowed; however, please make sure that the front necklines shall not be lower than a line formed between the right and left armpit and the space between the two pieces must not exceed three inches. Cleavage must follow this same guideline and there cannot be keyhole openings. The dress length and all slits cannot exceed more than four inches above the knee. Please see below for examples and non-examples of dresses. The principal’s/designee’s decision is FINAL.
Dress Code for Both Young Men and Young Women: Students dressed inappropriately will be turned away at the door. Students will not be admitted wearing cargo pants, sneakers, jeans/denim, khakis, Dickies (or other casual pants), t-shirts, torn clothing, chains/spikes, sexually implicit or explicit clothes, shorts, hats and head coverings, bandanas, or items referencing tobacco or alcohol products. Adjustments made at the door or during the dance (including pinning, the addition of a jacket, the addition of a body suit, etc.) will not be accepted as solutions for violations of the dress code. The principal’s/designee’s decision is FINAL.
- Guests must present a driver license or school ID for identification for admission.
- Sexually suggestive dancing is not appropriate and will not be tolerated. This includes grinding, grind trains, bending over, straddling legs, lap dancing, etc. Inappropriate touching is also prohibited. Students who break this rule will be asked to sit out for 15 minutes. If students continue to break rules, they will be asked to leave. The lights will be turned up and/or music changed as a collective warning for everyone. Appropriate dancing includes, hands on the waist or shoulders only, both feet on the floor, and respectful public displays of affection.
- JWMHS reserves the right per the Student Code of Conduct and statute, upon reasonable suspicion to search all cars, party busses, and limos, as well as purses and other belongings.
- Students are not allowed to re-enter the dance upon leaving and students must vacate the premises within 30 minutes of the dance ending.
- Guests will be removed from the premises with no refund for improper conduct, violations of rules, and/or refusal to comply with requests from staff and chaperones.
Please see examples and non-examples of dresses for young women. We will continue to add to this.
The following dresses are acceptable and GOOD EXAMPLES of what will be allowed and permitted.
The following dresses are acceptable and BAD EXAMPLES of what will NOT be allowed and NOT permitted.