Please read the JWMHS Parking Procedures at the bottom of this page prior to completing the application below.
Submission of an application verifies that you have read, understand and will comply with the JWMHS Parking Procedures.
JWMHS Parking Procedures
Parking at school is a privilege and all vehicles must be properly registered. Please review all Parking Procedures with your parent/guardian. These policies will be enforced with severe consequences for misbehavior.
• Student parking is permitted only in designated areas.
• Loitering in the parking lot is not permitted before, during, or after school.
• The parking lot is considered an “unauthorized area” during the school day. Students should not be in the parking lot for any reason, as cars are not to be used as lockers. If a student is found in the parking lot, his/her parking tag will be revoked for a time to be determined by the administration of the school. Students are only allowed to return to their cars when leaving school at the end of the day or signing out in the clinic.
• After entering the parking area, all students must leave their cars immediately, report to their designated area, and remain on campus.
• If a student leaves campus without being signed out by a parent, and also signing out through the main office, his/her parking tag will be revoked for a time to be determined by the administration of the school.
• At the end of the school day, students that do not have an after school activity must be in their vehicles and leaving campus no later than ten minutes after the final bell rings.
Students must be in compliance with the following qualifications in order to be eligible to park at school:
• Have a valid operator driver’s license and proper insurance.
• Based on limited space, the school may utilize other qualifiers to assign parking (i.e. grade level, GPA, credits, discipline referrals).
• Pay the $30 parking fee. ($60 total for seniors with painted spots)
• Completion of the Pasco Sheriff’s Safe Behind the Wheel course.
Parking Tag Regulations
• Once issued, the parking tag CANNOT be altered.
• Tags are not transferable to another student for any reason.
• Tags must be properly displayed on the rear view mirror of the car.
• If you change vehicles, you must provide a copy of the registration and proof of insurance immediately to the School Bookkeeper in the main office.
A student’s parking privilege may be suspended or revoked for the following reasons:
• Being in any parking area during the school day without proper authorization by administration.
• Transferring or receiving an illegally transferred parking tag.
• Parking in areas other than student parking areas.
• Exceeding the 5 MPH speed limit in any parking area.
• Driving recklessly and/or speeding on and around the school campus.
• Skipping, tardiness, loss of privileges, or multiple discipline infractions.
• Off Track status (academics, attendance, or behavior)
• Leaving campus without permission (must be obtained by the school).
• Parking at the District Offices.
• If a student’s parking privilege has been revoked or denied, under no circumstances will that student be granted a temporary parking permit.
• Vehicles displaying words, graphics, or designs that are in poor taste or create disruption in the opinion of the administration are prohibited.
• Loud music or other disruptive noises cannot originate from a student’s vehicle and are prohibited.
• To ensure the safety and protection of the student population, Florida Law provides for the search of any vehicle on campus by the school administration and/or designee upon reasonable suspicion that a violation of a school rule is occurring.
• Preference for parking permits will be given to seniors and to students with Marchman, dual enrollment, online courses, and OJT. However, these programs do not ensure that a student will receive a parking spot.
• The administration of the school reserves the right to make any adjustments it deems necessary to enforce student-parking regulations.